ESM = Enterprise Service Management
Service Management explores how value is added:
- how people in a team add value
- how teams within a department add value
- how departments within a company add value
- how the supplier-company-customer chain adds value
The most difficult aspect of the Service Management Analyst sole is convincing people that an outsider can add value to a business in which they are an expert.
Here is an example of a success:
While modern Service Management theory has it's roots in information technology as ITSM, the skills are transferable to the whole enterprise. The supplier in the example above was a low-tech manual service of a type that had been around for more than two millenia.
The ESM.Solutions business model is based on:
- Presentations and workshops
- Documenting processes
- Providing DIY check-sheets
- Carrying out process reviews, including incident and problem reviews