Understand what can go wrong in decision making. Identify the approaches to prevent mistakes. Gain insight into frameworks that will help you recognise and avoid bad practices.
- How easily our brains are fooled
- No simple solutions
- Consequences of bad decisions
- Considering the alternatives
- Involving too many people
- Not involving enough people
- Underestimating the challenges
- Not recognising a decision is needed
- Ignoring experts
To see how different people think, take a look at a satellite technology “North Pole Poll“. Would you find the correct answer blindingly obvious, or fall for one of the distractors?
After a short introduction by each attendee, the presentation will be ‘full on’ for nearly the full hour, with some time for Q&A afterwards.
- Who is this for?
- Solo Entrepreneurs, Start-ups, Management KTP Associates, Supervisors, Managers & Company Directors.
- Sherlock’s Bar, 17 Clarendon Rd, Southsea, Hampshire PO5 2ED.
Attendees will be sat at distanced tables in accordance with the bar’s Covid-19 review.
Due to licencing requirements during Covid-19, there is a strict limit of eight attendees in addition to the presenter and other staff.
- Tuesday 15th September.
The event may be postponed, cancelled or the number of places restricted under the following circumstances:
- illness within the presenter or venue staff households;
- additional licence conditions set by Portsmouth City Council.
- the venue being returned to “Stage Three” of the roadmap.
- 10AM – 11AM.
- Covid-19 Risk Assessment
- This coronavirus is a genuine and on-going risk to human health, with potentially lethal consequences.
The new legal requirements announced on 9 September, effective in England on 14 September, do not apply as this event is work-related training.
This assessment follows government guidance on performances [accessed on 21 August] for Stage Four.
The following moderate the risks in line with the guidance:
- The event (performance) is being held at a venue that has been assessed for Covid-19 risk.
- Attendees (the audience) are required to sanitise their hands on entry to the venue.
- The event (performance) will be postponed if there is illness within the presenter (performer) or venue staff households.
- The presenter (performer) will be wearing a covering over their nose and mouth while presenting.
- Attendee (the audience’s) two contact details shall be verified in advance. Registrants are required to agree that these contact details may be shared with NHS Contact Tracing.
- Registration (the audience) is limited to eight attendees.
- The presentation is free to attend, but booking is required to control numbers in accordance with the risk assessment.
A payment of £10 to the venue on the day is to cover refreshments and cleansing.
- Booking and Waiting List
- On-line at www.eventbrite.co.uk until midday on Monday 14th September.
If you’re interested in being informed of future dates, please write to email@example.com.
- Next Steps
- Half-day workshop
- One-on-one mentoring
“Robert is one of the most efficient problem solvers I have come across in my career. He is sharp, creative, and always in tune with the latest technical developments. Working with Robert is always a pleasure because he is consistent and reliable, and I know I’ll get solid results every time.” Marvin Powell