What is "Reshoring"?
Reshoring is the reverse of offshoring. Reshoring is the practice of bringing manufacturing and services back to the the base country from overseas. The practice is being driven by a collapse of globalisation, which in turn has multiple drivers.
- "National Interest" type export controls, or otherwise "weaponising" of resources
- Tarriffs and other protectionist measures
- Covid related "Health and safety" requirements
- Brexit related customs documentation
- A shortage of shipping containers in the supplier country
- Regional conflict, subsequent sanctions against a belligerent and their counter-sanctions
Reshoring is a disruptive process and generally undertaken only when the driving forces have become extreme.
How can we help?
ITSM Support has teamed up with specialists who can make the reshoring transition less painful and more efficient.
ESM.Solutions acts as Project Manager in these migrations and will write the new process documents your business needs to train staff on the new system. This documentation will integrate with any ISO9001 controls already in place. ESM.Solutions can also advise on implementing ISO9001, ISO10002 and ISO14001.
Why are we the right people?
We, each of us, have decades of explicit and tacit knowledge. What others see as intractible problems we have probably already solved, including the problems you're not even aware of yet. To use an obscure term, we are "cognoscenti" in our fields of expertise.
- All the individuals in this team each have extensive management experience in manufacturing systems.
- By being independant, we can recommend the most appropriate system for your business.
- By working as a team, we are able to provide an integrated service without the overheads of a large consultancy.