Why they persist for months or years.
- happen all the time,
in their thousands per minute.
- are unwanted events
or missing desired events.
- are persistent incidents
you have difficulty fixing.
- Introduction to the event-incident-problem hierarchy.
- Why 'bad events' do not reach the Incident Management phase.
- Introduction to the Cynefin model: five types of problem.
- Fact-based People Management.
- Reasons why persistent problems do not get resolved.
- The four roles needed in a problem-solving team.
- Avoid the "Keep It Simple, Stupid" (KISS) fallacy
- Recognise the "Adverse Events" gap
- When is a problem not a problem? When it's …
- Date & Time
- Summer 2022
- Next Steps
- Half-day workshop
- One-on-one mentoring
12 May 2022: Service Desk & IT Support Show 2022 (SITS-22), ExCeL, London.
An audience of about 100, mainly Service Desk managers.
Why hire a Service Management Analyst to carry out incident and problem reviews?
- Being neutral in an incident review is a tacit skill.
- Fixes for the underlying problem are not always obvious to those closely involved.
- An outsider can ask penetrating questions that may not otherwise get asked.